Homemade Simple Bread with Yeast
Here is the recipe of homemade simple bread that you can easily made at your home. Instead of kneading dough in milk or water, we will make it with a mixture called Tangzhong. The tangzhong helps to make bread so soft.
Ingredients for homemade simple bread
|Plain flour (Maida)||2 cups|
|Yeast||1 heaped tbsp|
|Milk or water||Half cup|
|Corn flour or Plain flour||2 tbsp|
|Butter or oil||2 tbsp|
Method for Tangzhong
- Take a pan and add milk or water
- Add corn flour or plain and mix it well.
- Turn on the flame on medium and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add butter or oil in it after 2 minutes
- Cook the mixture until it looks like custard.
- Cool the mixture in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Don’t make dough with tangzhong until it get cool.
Dough for homemade simple bread
- Add 2 cups of plain flour in a simple bowl.
- Add yeast, salt and sugar.
- The sugar will help to activate the yeast.
- Mix all these dry ingredients.
- Now add cooled tangzhong in the mixture
- Knead the soft dough of this mixture.
- Shift the dough into an airtight box
- Leave it for 1 hour till it become double in size.
There is no need to add water as tangzhong is already in liquid form. If you feel that dough for homemade simple bread is dry or you need some water, then you can add water according to requirement.
Baking homemade simple bread
- After 1 hour when dough raised in double size
- Spread dough on counter and knead it well.
- Now fold the dough in log shape.
- Shift this loaf into bread mold.
- Seal bread mold with Plastic wrapper.
- It is compulsory to leave the dough again for half an hour.
- After half hour bread will be raised in size
- Remove the plastic and apply the egg brush on it.
- Bake it at 200c for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Yummy and very soft homemade simple bread is ready.
- For better result slice the bread after 4 hours or next day.
Credit: Mishi Bukhari