Bread Gulab Jamun: How to Make Bread Gulab Jamun?
Easy way to Make Bread Gulab Jamun at Home
Gulab Jamun is a delicious and yummy dessert popular in Asian countries, but it can be easily made at home and everyone from every corner of the world can taste this tasty sweet dish. It can be made with different ingredients. Today I am going to make it with the bread which is easily available ingredient of our fridge. You can enjoy bread gulab jamun in your parties or can give it to your kid in their lunch box.
|White bread||12 slices|
|Cardamom powder||¼ spoon|
|Oil or ghee||1 cup|
It’s very easy to make Gulab Jamun with the bread and also very tasty. My kid and spouse love bread gulab jamun as a dessert. I am telling you step by step the preparation of this recipe
- For making bread Gulab Jamun, firstly we will make sugar syrup.
- Mix sugar into water and cook until the sugar dissolve in the water.
- Check 2 drops of sugar syrup. If there is any stickiness in the formation of syrup, then it is ready.
- Cook it for 5 minutes more and switch off the stove. Your sugar syrup is ready.
Thicken the milk
Boil 2 cup milk and boil it until it becomes thick and reduce to one cup. You can also use milk without thicken it. I thicken the milk because I want to give a better taste to Gulab Jamun.
Make bread crumbs
- Cut the brown hard edges of the bread and chopped all the bread slices in the chopper or mixture grinder.
- Bread crumbs will be ready in very few minutes. Now take out these crumbs in a bowl.
Make the dough
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee in it and mix it well. Now knead the crumbs and make the soft dough by adding constantly milk little by little.
- Now the dough is ready so cover it and let it keep aside for 10 minutes, so that the dough can be set properly.
- Grease your hands with oil or ghee and knead the dough again. Your dough should be smooth and soft.
- Take a small lump from the dough and give it a shape like a bowl.
- Add the filling in it and close it nicely from all sides like a round shape.
- Roll it on both sides and it will be look like a small ball. Prepare all the bread Gulab Jamun like this.
- You can make the size of Gulab Jamun according to your preference.
- You can just fill the Gulab Jamun with the raisins (kishmish)
- If your kid like nuts, then chop the almonds and cashew (Kaju)
- Take ¼ cardamom powder and one tablespoon sugar syrup and mix it with nuts properly.
- Filling for stuffing the Gulab Jamun is ready.
Fry the Gulab Jamun
- The oil is ready to fry the Gulab Jamun. Make sure it is not too hot. Your flame should be medium.
- Toss the balls very gently and fry it until they get brown from all sides.
- Take out all Gulab Jamun from the frying pan and soak it in the sugar syrup for two hours
You Bread Gulab Jamun are now puffy and sweet and ready to be served. You can serve it in several innovative ways. You can also preserve the Gulab Jamun in refrigerator for 4-5 days.