Afghani Rice (Kabuli Palaw)
Ingredients for afghani rice
|Almonds (peeled)||100 grams|
|Garam masala||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Cooking oil||As per required|
|Vegetable stock||2 stocks|
|Browning sugar syrup||1 tablespoon|
Here is the step by step recipe for afghani rice. First step is to make chicken in the afghani rice. You can also make the rice it with lamb.
- Add oil in the pan and add thinly sliced onions in it.
- Soft the onions and add salt, turmeric powder and crushed garlic in it.
- Now add the chicken in the pan and mix it well with the spices.
- Add some water in the pan and cooked the chicken.
- Don’t overcook the chicken.
- Now take out the chicken pieces from the pan.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in the oil.
Carrots and Dry fruits
- Add oil in another pan and preheat it
- Now add sliced carrots in it and fry it.
- After a little bit fry, add the raisins and salt in it
- After one minute, add the almonds in it.
- Now your carrot mixture is ready.
- Take it out from the oil.
- Boil the water and add salt in it.
- Add the rice in it and sieve (chaan lein) the rice after it boils.
Seasoning for afghani rice
- Heat some oil in the pan.
- Add brown sugar syrup and some water in it.
- Now add the vegetable stock in it.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes and one bowl of syrup is ready.
- Now add the garam masala in the rice.
- Mix the boiled rice finely with brown sugar syrup.
- Keep the chicken pieces in the rice.
- Take a foil paper and put the carrot mixture in it.
- Now fold it and also keep it in the rice.
- Put the lid on the pot and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dish it out the rice and chicken on a platter
- Open the foil paper and put the carrot mixture on the rice.
- Your delicious and traditional afghani rice is ready to serve.