Winter season has started and moving quickly towards its peak. To stay healthy and safe in cold weather you should take care of yourself especially the kids should be kept inside the house. Here are 10 winter tips for you to keep you safe and healthy in winter season.
- The first winter tip that experts recommend washing hands every few hours and in particular after using the toilet and before meals. Give them a wash after touching someone else phone or keyboard at work.
- The seasonal flu jab provides 12 months of cover against the major strains of flu including the 2009 pandemic swine flu.
- Find an exercise partner to keep you motivated and if it’s too cold outside, go to the gym or do laps at an indoor pool.
- Keep your immune system in shape by making sure you’re eating a healthy diet. For your body to be able to respond to infection, it needs to have enough protein, so enjoy lean meat, fish and poultry.
- Before popping supplements, boost your dietary intake of these substances. Look for dark, leafy greens and red and yellow vegetables, which are all high in antioxidants.
- Another winter tip is drink eight glasses of water each day is necessary. Try boiled water with a slice of lemon. The moisture will also help make mucous membranes.
- Sleeping is vital to staying healthy. Those who aren’t well rested are more likely to get sick. Don’t let yourself get run down.
- Quit smoking. Even if you’re a social smoker, it’s a good time to quit and clear your airways.
- Stay away from the allergic things which trigger nasal congestion, sneezing, coughing, wheezing, respiratory infections and worsen asthma and allergic conditions.
- The last winter tip is to keep your face and body well moisturized. Frosty air, wind and heating will dry out your skin.